North Sydney, NSW
The Duncan Thompson Stand is located in the north west section of North Sydney Oval in St Leonards Park, North Sydney. Built in 1929, it was the largest suburban grandstand in the state at that time.
The existing facility had become dilapidated over the years and no longer met the needs of its users. North Sydney Council engaged Sam Crawford Architects to upgrade the player amenities to enable hosting of first-class sports matches and events at the venue.
The works included upgrades to the team dressing rooms, match official dressing rooms, player’s medical facilities and anti-doping facilities.
These player facilities are designed within the current envelope to preserve the heritage values of the existing architecture, whilst also integrating principles of sustainable design.
Sam Crawford, Charlotte Evans, Gabrielle Pelletier
Accessibility & BCA – AED Consulting
Heritage – Cab Consulting
Hydraulic Engineers – Partridge Partners
Mechanical, Electrical + Fire – Evolved Engineering
Quantity Surveyor – Bylett and Associates
Structural Engineer – Professor Max Irvine
North Sydney Council